- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Quantified Learner: Using Wearables to Enhance Training
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 18, 2016
L&D professionals constantly strive to create useful and meaningful content. But while they often use interviews, profiles, test results, and more to try to understand the people they design for, these things don’t always paint the full picture. But what if you could bring in even more data about your audience? You may have heard of the “Quantified Self,” a movement that recommends using technology to track a wide range of data about yourself and, through that information, to get to know yourself better. Can you apply this mission to the field of L&D? And if so, how can you go about collecting those data and interpreting the results?
In this session, you’ll explore one of the best sources for these deeper data: wearable technologies. You’ll discuss popular consumer products (such as the Fitbit, Spire, and Apple Watch), new emerging trends (like the Emotiv Insight), and how to use all of these tools to enhance learning and development approaches. You’ll also take a look at how you can use these wearable technologies for an important goal: improving performance.
In this session, you will learn:
- About some of the latest wearable technologies, such as Spire and Emotiv Insight
- Hands-on tips and tricks on how to use those technologies for learning
- How learner analytics can aid an L&D approach
- How the Emotiv Insight works, through a live demo
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Spire, Apple Watch, Fitbit, and Emotiv Insight.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island