- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Workplace Stories: Step-by-step Inspiration for eLearning Engagement
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 17, 2016
Master Story Crafter
Using workplace stories to engage learners and enhance your content is a hot topic in learning and development. But when you’re getting started with storytelling as an instructional design technique, you’ll likely have a lot of questions about where to find effective stories for this purpose and how to make sure they not only entertain but also foster learning at the same time. You’ll also want to know how best to integrate storytelling techniques in the tools you already use.
In this session, you’ll discover how best to leverage the power of workplace stories in your eLearning projects. You’ll take a look at a broader model for finding and building instructional stories in general, and also explore how to convey these stories using the specific strengths and weaknesses of eLearning. You’ll learn how using stories strategically can boost engagement from your audience, and even how to use stories to motivate them before and after each course. This session will also introduce you to a variety of tools that can help you share these stories in exciting new ways.
In this session, you will learn:
- What the basic elements of story are, and how to use them to tell a story in the context of eLearning
- How workplace stories can increase engagement while also teaching and reinforcing content
- How to find real workplace stories to use in your eLearning
- How to determine whether your instructional story just entertains or also fosters learning
- About tools that can help you find and bring to life workplace stories for your eLearning projects
Novice and intermediate designers and managers.
discussed in this session:
eLearning development tools (Captivate, Storyline, etc.); animation tools (PowToon, CrazyTalk, etc.); augmented reality tools (Aurasma, etc.); and social media tools (brainstorming, sharing, chat, etc.).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island