- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Engaging Modern Learners: When to Push and When to Pull
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 17, 2016
When you’re developing strategies to engage your learners, you need to keep your audience and their anticipated learning environment top of mind. But with more and more people shifting when and how they want to access training content, it’s more important than ever to make sure your design strategies reflect this. Your success in reaching the modern learner will depend on understanding how these shifts should influence your technology selection, implementation strategy, and design approach.
In this session, you’ll learn more about how the design of learning should be influenced by where and when it is anticipated to occur. You’ll look at best practices from experts on the Five Moments of Learning Need, principles of modern workplace learning, and “push” versus “pull” training culture. Through exploring how to design pull learning for specific environments, when to use microlearning techniques, which media formats can help, and how social technologies may assist you, you’ll be better able to make design decisions that meet the true needs of modern learners.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why modern learners need a different approach to stay engaged with your content
- How to integrate best practices on engagement from experts
- How to design pull learning for specific learning environments
- When microlearning techniques are most appropriate for increasing engagement
- How formats like video, infographics, and short eLearning modules support different situations and moments of need
- What role social and collaborative technologies play in a pull learning environment
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Social and collaborative learning tools and microlearning.
Click here for the session trailer
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer