- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Scaling Down Lessons Learned from a MOOC
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 16, 2016
President and Senior Learning and Knowledge Exchange Specialist
MOOCs are growing in use in public and private sectors, taking on different forms and providing diverse experiences. The approaches are relatively new, and there is still much to learn. Have you ever wondered whether your organization could benefit from lessons learned designing and facilitating a massive open online course (MOOC)? The answer is: Yes, it can. The data and experiences obtained from a course of thousands can be applied in many different ways.
Though your audience may not be massive, in this session you will learn to scale down the essential elements of an engaging MOOC to be relevant for your organization. You will leave this session with practical tips based on experience. Whether you are a subject matter expert, an instructional designer, or someone who manages learning programs, there is much to learn about how MOOCs can be a valuable addition to your organizational learning strategy.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to design interactions between participants that add value
- How to evaluate what you can include in a MOOC design and what you cannot
- How to examine the results of a specific learning strategy
- How to construct techniques you can apply to your own programs
Novice, intermediate, and advanced designers, managers, and directors.
Technology discussed in this session:
A MOOC designed and delivered on the Coursera platform.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island