- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
iLocate: Using iBeacons in Training Programs
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 18, 2016
Human Resources Program Manager
iBeacons allow learners to interact with their environment in new ways that were not possible even five years ago. While many learning professionals are aware of iBeacons and their disruptive possibilities, many do not understand the fundamental concepts or how to implement the devices in their training programs. Beacons can be used to provide location context in eLearning and create low-bandwidth augmented reality experiences.
In this session, you will learn about the different ways that the retail industry is using iBeacons and how you can use them in the training space. You will review how an iBeacon works and the iBeacon’s different protocols. This session also will discuss the findings of an iBeacon pilot that has been successful at CPI Security. Finally, discuss how to create beacon-driven training: both with vendor-provided tools and free open-source options. By the end of this session, you will be equipped with the tools and knowledge to deploy iBeacons in your company’s training programs.
In this session, you will learn:
- The fundamentals of iBeacon technology
- About successful implementations of iBeacon technology
- About different providers of iBeacon devices and services
- The basics of iOS application design for iBeacon training
- About upcoming advancements with beacon technology
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
iBeacon, Eddystone, Estimote, iOS/Swift Programming, PhoneGap, Cordova, Google Drive, and iPad.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA
- Training & Development Instructional Designer (Mid-Career)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States