- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Microvideo: Making Every Second Count
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 16, 2016
Learning Architect - Digital Technologies
American Tire Distributors (ATD)
Microlearning videos under one minute in length require rapid storyboarding and predefined video content structures. As the length of the video decreases, so does the optimal format of the video. Leaving out too many details will have a negative effect on your learning strategy. Every second counts for your learner!
In this session, you will learn the process for creating microvideo, including video length considerations, optimal short video structures, emotional push/pull events, and instructional media strategies. Explore the steps for creating microcontent and tricks for using video analytics to select the best content for a microvideo. You will leave with specific formulas for creating short-form video-based content.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the various structures for microvideo
- When to use microvideo for learning
- Formulas for opening and closing a microvideo
- About the importance of emotional pull and push techniques
- Effective instructional microvideo techniques
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Video content management systems, video playback, and storyboarding tools.
Click here for the session trailer
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- Training + Content Development Manager
- Remote: Instructional Designers for Computer Science Courses
- Instructional Designer I, Online Learning
- Learning Experience Designer