People want and need video in eLearning for its value in demonstrations, emotional impact, and ability to engage auditory and visual learners. But there are barriers to video production: casting actors, finding appropriate settings and locations, purchasing quality video equipment, and finding and training skilled personnel. Animated video is one path around these barriers.
In this session, you will learn to recognize when animated video can be more appropriate than traditional live-action video. You will learn how animated video has advantages for meeting some instructional goals and how it can circumvent many barriers created by limited resources and time. Finally, you will gather a bag of tricks for audio capture and processing, tips for increasing the learning potential of your animations, and pointers for creating mobile versions of animated videos.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the business case for using animated video
- About the pedagogical case for using animated video
- How to capture quality audio on a budget
- Tips for audio post-production
- How to increase engagement and learning from animated video
- About considerations for using animated video on mobile platforms
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
GoAnimate, HTML5 video, Adobe Audition, Audacity, and microphones.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.Log In Join