Free tools like Flurry Analytics and the xAPI can reveal important characteristics about how individuals learn while on the job, and they can help managers and course developers make design and technology decisions to best suit the needs of their end users. With thoughtful analytics implementation, derived from performance improvement plans and learning goals, managers can better understand what aspects of their course were successful and understand early where the learning gaps appear.
In this session, you will learn how Tech 2000 and Comstor used a mix of Flurry Analytics and the xAPI to make more informed instructional design and technology decisions based on mobile app usage in the field and learner behavior in their LMS. You will learn how the team set up its Lumious instance, the importance of creating a measurement plan, how to use personas to help segment behavior data, how to set up tracking for specific behavioral events, and how to use all this data to engage learners in their own performance improvement.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use the xAPI and Flurry Analytics to promote mobile learner course engagement
- How users navigate your online course and enablement material, where they drop off, and how to re-engage them
- How to track specific course events like video completions or clicks on interactive graphics
- How to design xAPI recipes to segment behavior data for analysis
- How to create a measurement plan that maps back to course learning objectives
- How to better understand the demographics and geographic locations of your learners
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Flurry Analytics, the xAPI, and Totara LMS.
Internet access and a web browser.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.Log In Join