- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Best Practices and Innovations for Video Captions
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 8, 2016
Program Manager, Google Cloud
The use of online video has become an essential part of teaching and learning. At the same time, it is challenging to provide accessible video accommodations for audiences across platforms and languages. Google thinks that all video material should be universally accessible—why not caption?
In this session, you will learn about various captioning solutions and the costs and benefits derived from each. You will learn how to visually design captions and some implementation best practices from cutting-edge use cases. Finally, you will explore the process of how to translate videos into other languages.
In this session, you will learn:
- Captioning basics and best practices
- How to translate videos
- About the importance of video accessibility
- How to visually design captions
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
Caption files, YouTube video editing, and automatic captioning tools.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- Training + Content Development Manager
- Remote: Instructional Designers for Computer Science Courses
- Instructional Designer I, Online Learning
- Learning Experience Designer