- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Implementing a Learning Program in the Face of Overwhelming Odds
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 18, 2016
Training and Development Manager
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
A complete software system overhaul is a challenge for any organization. The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory completely re-engineered its 17-year-old system from the ground up, requiring training on the new systems and related processes for each of its employees. Creating a learning program, which includes 189 different processes for 4,300 employees across 21 role groups with a core team of two in less than eight months, makes for overwhelming odds against success.
In this session, you will learn about the process used to create training curriculum from an extensive list of business processes, how processes to roles were mapped, and how training was developed using both professional and non-professional course developers. You will also learn how online, physical classroom, and virtual classroom training was managed to reach employees throughout the organization. You will see how a small team of training professionals created a curriculum and library of 44 training courses, while achieving positive business and student feedback.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create role-based curricula from a list of business processes
- Methods to blend eLearning with web conferencing recording to rapidly develop courses
- A method to obtain additional resources to augment your development team
- Methods to communicate
- How to keep track of multiple course development and progress for management reporting
- How to create partnerships with employee teams to develop training courses
Intermediate and advanced managers and directors.
discussed in this session:
Articulate Storyline, ReadyTalk web conferencing, and Google apps.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects