- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Performance Support: Shifting Our Focus to the Point of Work
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
Human Performance Outfitters
Performance orientation and discovery efforts should be a priority before making any decisions about what kind of training should be developed, if any, and how to design, develop, and deliver training using embedded performance support assets.
In this session, you will learn how to help your organization understand what the journey toward adoption of the performance support discipline will require. You will learn how the shift entails moving beyond the traditional training paradigm and adopting an intentional focus on performance. You will learn what it means to treat your organization/enterprise like a dynamic learning and performance ecosystem, and how looking through a performance lens changes the rules of engagement when it comes down to an ultimate goal of sustaining workforce performance solutions.
In this session, you will learn:
- To change the conversation with your stakeholders requesting training
- The significance of Gottfredson’s Five Moments of Need
- To explain the value of using “extended blend” in an intentional, agile design methodology
- To expand your discovery efforts to include attributes of the “point of work”
- To identify the advantages of using single-source documentation
Intermediate designers and project managers, managers, and directors.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer