- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
B.Y.O.L.: Ready-to-use Activities for Engaging Virtual Training
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 16, 2016
Cindy Huggett Consulting
Virtual training participants notoriously multi-task during live online sessions, which means they miss out on learning opportunities. In addition, there is a common misconception that an online presentation is the same thing as virtual training—it’s not. So virtual classroom designers and facilitators struggle to know how to capture the attention of their audience and keep participants engaged throughout a session so that learning transfer can occur.
In this session, you will learn specific ideas for interactivity and engagement in virtual training sessions. You will learn activity ideas in five categories: openers, games, technical topics, interpersonal skills, and closers. The session will start with activity ideas that begin before a virtual class begins, in order to set the stage for success. You will learn a successful design process to use when creating virtual classroom activities. You will also learn how to creatively use common virtual classroom tools to engage online participants and learn many activity ideas that can be immediately used.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to open your virtual classes with activities that immediately engage attendees
- How to increase participant interaction using six common platform tools
- How to apply three key questions to classroom activities when converting them to virtual
- At least 10 new ideas for delivering content in the online classroom
Novice to advanced designers.
discussed in this session:
A web browser that can connect to Adobe Connect or a mobile device with the Adobe Connect app.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA