- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Excelling at Learning and Development Consulting
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 16, 2016
Director, Performance Improvement & Training
Learning Development Institute
The learning and talent development consulting field has been growing and evolving over the last 15-plus years. With more professionals deciding to become consultants, there are underlying issues that arise and interfere with the day-to-day life of the consultant. Issues can include: finding opportunities to consult, knowing how to price one’s services, invoicing and getting paid, managing client expectations, negotiating changes to the work while it’s in progress, and protecting one’s own intellectual property when licensing it to clients.
In this session, you will learn how to address these key issues through examples of these situations, ideas, and processes. This session will encourage discussion and sharing of ideas from your peers. You will gain perspectives from both the consultant view and the view of those who hire consultants. This session will help you understand the myriad considerations involved in consulting and provide you with tools for thinking through and planning your approach to building a consulting practice.
In this session, you will learn:
- Strategies for finding potential clients and partners
- Developing relationships while marketing
- Methods for determining how to price your services
- What legal documents you may need to define your working relationships
- What it’s like, day-to-day, to work as a consultant
- Financial considerations of consulting
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and executives.
discussed in this session:
LinkedIn, customer relationship management systems
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- Training + Content Development Manager
- Remote: Instructional Designers for Computer Science Courses
- Instructional Designer I, Online Learning
- Learning Experience Designer