- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Understanding the Elements of an eLearning Template
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 16, 2016
An eLearning template is not a set of PowerPoint master slides. A true eLearning template is so much more, and has many elements and components. While a set of master backgrounds is a great start, there are often overlooked aspects of a template that are never considered. Designers and developers often begin with raw content and begin a project in their chosen authoring environment, rather than thinking through the overall user experience. For those projects that involve multiple modules where it’s important to keep a consistent look and feel, a template approach helps keep all assets organized across modules.
In this session, you’ll explore overall template themes, color schemas, master backgrounds, interaction templates, feedback templates, and more. You will learn how themes, branding, and colors of an eLearning course and module behave, including navigation to interactions, or even how feedback is presented as part of a template structure. Additionally, you’ll explore the documentation process of an eLearning template for team sharing.
In this session, you will learn:
- The components of an eLearning template
- The components of an eLearning template style guide
- How to consider elements local to a screen, compared to global elements
- How to use branding guidelines to develop a look and feel, and a color schema
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA