- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Balancing the Art and Science of ID Solutions
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 16, 2016
Director, Digital Learning Studio
Sound learning theory underpins much of traditional instructional design (ID) and can greatly improve user experience, but the advent of a need-to-know-now culture is proving the art of innovation can and must work alongside the science of design. The challenge is to balance the needs of your users and the concerns of established IDs against harnessing the originality of developers who may lack a traditional background.
When you find the optimal spot between form and function, you can react more quickly to project needs, allocate resources with greater confidence, and bring your product to users faster.
In this session, you will learn to determine the variables in play for each project quicker, understand the audience you need to reach, and decide where to focus your attention and resources along the art-science continuum. You will learn how to gain buy-in from your instructional and business stakeholders by addressing their concerns and providing a bridge between traditional theory and the power of flexibility.
In this session, you will learn:
- The definition of destructional design and how it can help you overcome ID bias and its stumbling blocks
- How to leverage the benefits of combining traditional instructional design (science) with innovation (art)
- The business constraints you must consider when building a project along the art-science continuum
- How to gain buy-in from key instructional and business stakeholders
Intermediate designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- MENTAL HEALTH EDUCATOR
- LEARNING DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
- ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER III (ONBOARDING AND TALENT D
Los Angeles, California
- Product Manager - BQuant Learning & Productivity
San Francisco, CA, USA