- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Game On! Playing Games with Purpose
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 1, 2015
President & Founder
Why do people spend hours learning how to master new levels in their favorite games? The answer to this question, and the ability to harness some of that excitement and magic for workplace learning, is why there is growing interest in games for learning.
In this session you will learn how and why you might design a game to teach workplace topics. The session takes you on a journey through several levels, in which you will learn the surprising facts about who plays games, the principles of design for games with purpose, the types of games that work best for different purposes, and tips for success.
In this session, you will learn:
- Who plays games today
- The principles behind games with purpose
- Why games with purpose can make such powerful learning tools
- What sort of games other organizations are commissioning
Novice designers, developers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Games will be demoed and discussed on PCs, smartphones, and tablets. Also discussed is the potential of various other virtual reality games powered by devices such as the Oculus Rift.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Instructional Development
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA