- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
B.Y.O.L.: Creating Professional Animations to Support Learning with ... PowerPoint?
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 2, 2015
Learning Technology Specialist
Training Resources Group
eLearning and instructional designers are often asked to turn long blocks of content into a product that is effective and engaging. On top of that, everyone wants a product that is mobile-ready and adaptive. How can designers with limited skills in programs like After Effects or Blender and limited coding skills create products that fit the content-focused needs of our clients?
In this session you will learn how to create interesting motion-graphics animations using Microsoft PowerPoint. You will see how these animations are flexible in the types of content they can get across—emotional, didactic, or in-between. You will also practice the basics of using PowerPoint to develop motion graphics for use in your eLearning course. Finally, you will learn how to integrate animations into standard eLearning, and consider how to talk with clients about using the most appropriate content medium for different types of content.
In this session, you will learn:
- When motion-graphic animations are most effective
- A simple process for developing a script and storyboard
- The nuts and bolts of using PowerPoint to construct complex motion graphics
- Resources for adding music, sound effects, and voiceover narration to your animations
- Ways to share and distribute your finished animations to your learners
Novice and intermediate designers and developers with strong PowerPoint skills and an interest in visual design of information.
discussed in this session:
Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 or 2013.
A Mac or Windows computer with Microsoft PowerPoint (minimum of 2010, 2013 preferred) installed. A pair of headphones is also helpful, but not required.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island