- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
MOOCs: Will This Be Where Higher Ed and Corporate Training Meet Next?
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - September 30, 2015
Manager, Instructional Design & Development Group
Penn State University
While universities continue to explore the new possibilities of massive open online courses (MOOCs) in establishing global brand, learning research, and innovation, corporate training has begun a deeper look into using MOOCs for their own purposes. How would a landscape of higher ed–produced MOOCs being used by corporate training benefit both types of organizations?
In this session, you will learn the emerging trends in which global corporations are seeking to partner with MOOC providers for various types of offerings. You will learn how universities are using MOOCs as spaces to experiment with and research innovative online teaching practices and how these discoveries may lead to new opportunities for application in corporate training. By seeing how universities are approaching MOOCs, you will learn about an emerging framework for extending partnerships with higher ed for more cost-effective access to the subject matter expertise and learning practices that universities provide.
In this session, you will learn:
- What MOOCs are and their current status in the higher ed market
- Why universities decide to develop and deliver MOOCs
- How using courses from MOOC providers may benefit corporate training functions
- What emerging trends in MOOCs are pulling corporate interests and higher ed closer together
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers with a working knowledge of how to design, deliver, or manage training or educational offerings, including online, blended, or classroom.
Technology discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA