- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Community Has Its Privileges
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 1, 2015
EHR Analyst, Computer Based Training Developer
Geisinger Health System
So often, in our day-to-day professional existence, we are bombarded with problems, tasks, and situations that require our attention, all the while neglecting the problem solver—that’s you and me. We seldom recharge our professional batteries and, as such, burn out or become uninspired. We’ve become professional hermits, to an extent, and need an outlet to help us maintain our spark, drive, and creativity.
Through a personal account you will learn the true meaning, nature, and purpose of professional affiliation. This story will illustrate the rich benefits of being a member of a professional organization. In the session you will collaborate in small groups to discuss a personal story from a previous conference, or goal from this one, that relates back to one of the five main benefits. This session will reinvigorate you in professional affiliation, you’ll learn the true upsides to taking time out of your schedule to attend and share, and you’ll realize you are not the only ones experiencing the roadblocks.
In this session, you will learn:
- The common misconceptions centered around professional affiliation, conferences, etc.
- The true nature of professional organizations and how they can benefit you
- The central role networking can play, both personally and professionally, for you as a member of a professional organization
- The role personal development plays in professional growth
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects