- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Wrangling and Working with SMEs
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - September 30, 2015
The subject matter expert (SME) and instructional designer often speak different languages and have different objectives. How do you wrangle the SME to help you work together to produce a final product on time and within budget?
In this session, you will learn to identify those who make the best type of SME and how to define your role in contrast to the role of the SME in your projects. Learn the best practices in working with SMEs during both the design and development process and create a good working relationship throughout the project. You will see how to create a balance between SMEs and instructional designers and identify the right tools and techniques to address issues that may arise.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify the SME type
- How to describe your role in the process to the SME
- Best practices for working with SMEs during the design process
- Best practices for working with SMEs during the development process
- Collaboration tools to use in the process
Novice designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects