- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Level Up Your eLearning with Game Elements
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - September 30, 2015
Sr. Manager of Marketing and Customer Engagement
If you’re in the world of eLearning, it goes without saying that you’ve probably heard the term gamification thrown around quite a bit. But what does it mean for your eLearning projects? Is it as simple as leaderboards and badges? Fundamentally, gamification is about applying game elements and gaming techniques to otherwise static content, with the intention of making that content a little more fun, engaging, and impactful. These days, designing game elements and applying gaming techniques to eLearning content doesn’t have to require a lengthy design and development timeline, nor the use of complex programming tools.
In this interactive session you will learn how to apply simple game elements and gaming techniques to your eLearning using Storyline 2. We’ll walk through the use of some of Storyline’s most powerful features, including variables, triggers, states, animation, and sliders to add some simple, game-like interactions to your eLearning.
In this session, you will learn:
- The difference between games and gamification
- How to identify the right content for a game
- Best practices for planning your game interactions before you build
- How to use variables, triggers, states, animation, and sliders in Storyline 2
Intermediate and advanced designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Articulate Storyline 2.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist
Remote (+/- 3 hours from CET)
- Digital Learning Designer
- Learning Specialist
Richmond, BC, Canada
- Candid Learning Curriculum Development and Train the Trainer
- Instructional Design Specialist
New York, NY