- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Designing for Performance: Nine Critical Elements
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - September 30, 2015
Director of Research
The eLearning Guild
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
In early 2014 Jane Bozarth’s husband was diagnosed with a large tumor perched atop his brain stem like a golf ball on a tee. The story of his surgery and recovery became the most popular piece she’s ever published, “Performance Matters,” which appeared in The eLearning Guild’s Learning Solutions Magazine. Join Jane and Jeannette Campos as they explore the story, its associated observations, and issues learned throughout that are relevant to L&D.
In this session you will learn from practical examples the importance of human-centered design and systems design, how to address performance at the moments of learning need, and the important ties between learning, practice, and performance. The best L&D practitioners recognize that the performer is an actor in a system and the future L&D practitioner must design beyond the past limitations of the standalone course.
In this session, you will learn:
- The significance of human-centered design for both learning and performance
- How thoughtful intentional design considers the interaction of all elements in a systems (putting the S back in ISD)
- To consider the moment of learning need(s) when designing for learning and extended performance support
- Why designing beyond a discrete learning event will be a critical skill for L&D practitioners
Designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Instructional Development
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA