- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Matching Tech to Task: Solutions for mLearning and Beyond
mLearnCon 2015 - June 12, 2015
George Mason University
Learning and Development Consultant
Instructional designers are constantly in the process of considering which tools to use in order to best meet the training and development needs of their clients, customers, or learners. Without carefully reviewing the affordances of technologies, instructional design professionals could negatively impact the effectiveness of their educational intervention, lose time, or create a poor design.
In this session you will be provided with a framework and just-in-time mobile resource for determining how to match available mobile and learning technologies to their ultimate learning objectives. You will learn why each technology has its advantages and disadvantages. You will understand how choosing the wrong technology can lead to frustration and unnecessary time expenditures, and can negatively impact the user experience. You will leave this session able to optimize the tool selection process, and be more prepared to meet the training needs of their end users.
In this session, you will learn:
- The affordances of different technologies
- To evaluate and reflect on your beliefs about technological affordances
- The theoretical framework of technological affordances
- To use the Tech Select Decision Aide to a scenario based problem
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
HTML5, Adobe Captivate, Android/Chrome, iOS, and Powtoon.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer