- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Creating a Single-source Solution for Multi-platform Learning
Ecosystem 2015 - March 26, 2015
Director, Learning Design
Time Warner Cable
At many companies, multiple departments touch common content. Technical documentation writers, subject matter experts, and instructional designers are often creating similar documentation. Single-source content development is a learning infrastructure strategy that allows learning organizations to be more agile in the delivery readiness of performance support materials for multiple audiences and modalities.
In this session you will explore how organizations can use Microsoft tools to create an in-house single-source repository. You will discuss strategies for designing modular, reusable content that is customizable by audience, reduces content redundancy, and streamlines training materials production. You will leave this session understanding how learning organizations can create a repository for the creation of learning materials that can be deployed to multiple audiences in multiple formats to support performance readiness. At the end of this session, you will have a sample InfoPath file template to get you started on your single source development strategy.
In this session, you will learn:
- The concept of single-source content development and how this strategic initiative helps reduce development time and costs
- How to create a modular learning approach that reduces content redundancy and allows for content reusability
- How to use InfoPath for single-source content development
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
InfoPath, XML, XSL, single-source content development, reusable learning objects and content strategies.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects