- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Connected: Research-based Principles for Enriching Social Learning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 27, 2015
Learning Strategy Consultant/Founder
Learning 4 Learning Professionals
Many organizations have experienced challenges with building online communities and enabling peer-to-peer learning through a variety of social tools. Learning professionals often don’t understand why social learning takes off among one group of learners, but doesn’t seem to work well with others. The benefits of social learning supported by online tools can be frustratingly elusive.
In this session you will explore the insights researchers studying social learning provide us with that can inform our learning strategy. You will learn what draws people into relationships that promote learning. You will examine the various dynamics of social learning processes. Participants will leave this session with practical advice related to promoting online social learning activities.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to assess the readiness of your organization or learner groups for engaging with social learning tools and strategies
- How to identify and leverage the social learning dynamics appropriate to the needs of your learners
- Research-based recommendations for ensuring the effectiveness of your social learning approach
- How to incorporate social learning that is one-to-one as well as social learning that is embedded in the dynamics of a group
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Social learning tools like blogging, micro-blogging, discussion boards, and sharing platforms.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer