- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Bye-bye Old LMS, Hello New LMS!
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 27, 2015
Oma B. Singh
University of South Florida/College of Nursing
In 2013, University of South Florida switched to a brand-new LMS. Every instructional designer was faced with the question: How was it going to help its faculty and students learn and adopt this new LMS? Everyone was a stakeholder in this change and had the challenge to facilitate the adoption of a new LMS in a positive and successful manner.
In this session participants will learn from a case study exploring how the university collaborated closely to develop strategies that helped to promote the adoption of a new LMS in a positive manner. You will explore the various strategies used to aid in the transition, including train-the-trainer sessions, faculty focus groups, developing processes for sharing information, ongoing workshops for faculty and staff, working with information technology to normalize process, converting courses to run in the new LMS, planning for and hiring new staff to handle increased workloads due to LMS transition, and coordinating efforts to reach out to students.
In this session, you will learn:
- To describe what an LMS transition entails
- To analyze the challenges faced in an LMS transition
- To illustrate strategies that can be used to facilitate an LMS transition
- To list the advantages of planning for an LMS transition
Novice to advanced designers, project managers, managers, and educators.
discussed in this session:
BlackBoard and Canvas LMSs.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA
- Training & Development Instructional Designer (Mid-Career)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States