- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Improv: Adapt Old and New Methods to Performance Gaps
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 25, 2015
Managing Practice Director, Learning Services
As we have debated the merits of ADDIE, SAM, and AGILE, we’ve missed the point that these aren’t mutually exclusive approaches. Each approach has benefits and each has challenges. Successful L&D practitioners know how to mix the three together to drive performance through blended-learning experiences and facilitated interventions. Leveraging the best of the three provides the agility and resiliency required to get the job done in these chaotic times.
Participants in this session will learn the history, benefits, and challenges of ADDIE, SAM and Agile. You will explore case study examples and discuss how to apply components of one, all, or some combination to real L&D challenges including learning development, coaching, competency model creation, LMS implementation, compliance training and organization design. You will leave this session with an understanding of ADDIE, SAM, and Agile, and more importantly, how to blend the best of each for your needs.
In this session, you will learn:
- ADDIE, SAM and Agile approaches to learning and development and compare and contrast them
- How to map the best of each methodology to real project examples
- How to work back from the constraints (date, budget, performance goals) to create a realistic project dashboard
- How to create criteria for monitoring and reporting progress
Novice designers, developers, project managers, and managers with some understanding of how to develop learning (ADDIE, SAM, and LLAMA, for example).
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects