- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Transform Users into Contributors: Kaplan’s Path to User-generated Content
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 31, 2014
Chief Learning Architect
As learning and development professionals, we often spend a significant amount of our time trying to put together the pieces of a giant organizational puzzle so we can do our jobs. We are, in many ways, the middlemen between those who know and those who need to learn. L&D must reposition itself away from its current role as an information conveyor and leverage its unique skills to help people find and use information to improve their performance.
In this session participants will discuss the value of user-generated content as a way to overcome many modern L&D challenges. You will review the collaboration principles and tools Kaplan continues to use to break through common barriers to curating and sharing user-generated content, including technical limitations, regulatory concerns, and employee motivation. You will also discuss ways this content can be used to create powerful on-demand and targeted learning experiences that scale. Participants will leave this session with actionable ideas on how to transform valuable tacit information into meaningful, crowd-sourced, well-curated, user-generated content.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to shift the focus of your organization’s information culture from consumption to contribution
- Four proven methods for motivating users to share what they know all the time
- Collaborative principles Kaplan used to build its enterprise social network and knowledge curation platform
- How to use simple video to add context to traditional online reference materials
- How user-generated content can help L&D focus its resources on more meaningful and timely learning experiences
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and VPs with a basic understanding of the concepts of user-generated content, online video, and enterprise social networking tools.
discussed in this session:
Confluence, JIRA, webcams, iMovie, Axonify, Kaltura, online discussion forums, Salesforce.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA