- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Impact of Wearable Technology on Performance Support
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 30, 2014
CEO | Learning Architect
The Learning Guild
Technological advances disrupt the status quo. We’ve seen this happen a number of times in the way we address learning and performance interventions. In the last few decades, the emergence of home computers brought us eLearning, and the proliferation of mobile and smartphones have brought us mLearning. Both of these technological advances have fundamentally changed how we look at learning and performance programs. Another technological advance is coming—one that will once again change some of our definitions and how we address performance issues: wearable technology.
In this session you will explore wearable technology and the world of opportunity that it presents for performance support. You will learn about different types of wearable technologies and how they are being positioned for consumer usage. You will discuss the unique affordances of these technologies and explore how you can use them for new types of performance support. You will also explore early use cases of wearable technology for education and performance support.
In this session, you will learn:
- About different types of wearable technologies and how they are being positioned for consumer use
- How wearable technology can be used for performance support
- The unique affordances of wearable technology
- How innovative companies are using wearable technology today
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA