- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Fad or Fab? #FlatDesign Is Now Trending
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 30, 2014
Education Technology Specialist
Southlake Regional Health Centre
Flat design seems to be everywhere now. It’s the new look of our computer operating systems, our apps, websites, posters, book covers, and so many other places. Is this just a new fad or is this a fabulous new design trend that we in the eLearning industry need to pay more attention to in order to understand the fine points of flat design?
In this session participants will discuss the many advantages—and disadvantages—that are associated with flat design. You will look deeper into the fine details of flat design that instructional designers should be aware of and how to ensure we are using it appropriately. You will separate the hype from flat design and understand where it works effectively. You will leave this session with an understanding of whether this design style is just a passing fad or a trend we should be embracing.
In this session, you will learn:
- What flat design is and why it is significant
- The advantages and benefits of using flat design
- The disadvantages and risks of using flat design
- The differences between flat and skeuomorphic designs, and how/when to decide which to use
- Where to find examples, inspiration, and resources to create your own flat designs
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers with a basic understanding of designing learning.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- Training + Content Development Manager
- Remote: Instructional Designers for Computer Science Courses
- Instructional Designer I, Online Learning
- Learning Experience Designer