- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Developing a Mobile Learning Strategy for Workers on the Go
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 29, 2014
Director, Learning Solutions
Saint Elizabeth Health Care
On the job performance support is often a key area of professional development that may not always be adequately addressed or sustainable, particularly in instances where workers are part of a mobile/virtual workforce. Traditional forms of training are often leveraged to bridge performance gaps and provide ongoing development opportunities. However, the methods often fail to deliver on the performance support needs of today’s mobile worker.
In this session participants will explore a case study from Saint Elizabeth Health Care that identified the readiness and value of implementing a mobile learning strategy to bridge performance and training gaps by providing just-in-time and just-enough training at the point of need. You will learn from the findings of a pilot study that was conducted to observe the readiness of front line staff to leverage mLearning and the impact it might have as a sustainable performance and training strategy. You will leave this session able to able to identify key factors required to build an mLearning strategy and many fundamental design principles of mLearning.
In this session, you will learn:
- The key factors required to build an mLearning strategy
- The fundamental design principles for mLearning
- The difference in design strategies between mLearning and other forms of training design
- How mLearning advances just-in-time and just-enough training at the point of need of training strategy
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island