- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
How to Apply Design Thinking to Mobile Learning
mLearnCon 2014 - June 25, 2014
CEO and Senior Analyst
Unlike instructor led training or eLearning, there are no industry-accepted standards for designing mobile learning. While some instructional designers have tried to adapt course-based teaching and exam-based assessment methods to mobile learning, they are often less than successful because they are not aligned with the unique performances of mobile devices, and the way people use them. Design thinking offers a way of solving this problem.
In this session participants will explore the five steps for design thinking including discovery, interpretation, ideation, experimentation, and evolution. You will learn how true designers are creative problem solvers that recognize there are different kinds of issues that present themselves to be solved. You will apply design thinking to three different issues for mobile learning instructional design—mysteries, heuristics, and algorithms. You will discuss your own examples and analyze the problems using this framework. You will leave this session with new ideas and new directions for implementation of mobile learning in your organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- The meaning of a design thinking approach to problem solving
- Three types of problems and solutions in mobile learning—mysteries, heuristics, and algorithms
- A framework for designing instructional materials and activities for mobile learning
- Ideas and approaches for solving problems with mobile learning
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers with a knowledge of instructional design and a “big picture” view of mobile learning.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA