- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Responsive Design—a New Model for Web-based Learning Opportunities
mLearnCon 2014 - June 25, 2014
Chris Van Wingerden
Sr VP Learning Solutions
dominKnow Learning Systems
From the smartphone in your hand to the 27-inch screen on your desk to the giant television on your wall, the range of ways to access the Internet just keeps growing and growing. This presents a huge challenge for training departments charged with cost-effectively and efficiently developing eLearning content for their organizations. What devices should they design for? How many versions of a course do they need? Do they sacrifice one type of delivery for another?
In this session you will learn how responsive eLearning design offers the possibility to create eLearning content once to meet a learning need, no matter how the end-user choses to access it. You will explore the core practices of responsive design and the changes those practices bring to the overall design process. You will examine the learning opportunities that responsive design offers and is best suited for—providing real-world examples of effective and ineffective uses of responsive eLearning design. You will leave this session understanding the very exciting applications of responsive design for those who work in the world of learning and development.
In this session, you will learn:
- The core practices of responsive design and their difference from traditional web-design practices
- How responsive design changes the design processes for online learning projects
- What learning opportunities are best suited to responsive design
- What learning opportunities are least suited to responsive design
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA