- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Mobile Blended Learning—a Case Study
mLearnCon 2014 - June 24, 2014
Blended mobile learning should be an experience that holds value for both training and performance support. The growing usage of tablets and mobile apps provides an opportunity to combine more traditional eLearning with user-friendly mobile applications that can also capture real-time data to enhance the overall instructional content. Pairing performance support apps with learning materials ensures that content delivered in a training session stays relevant to the user on the job.
In this session you will learn how a major regional transit training group embraced blended mobile learning and performance support with interactive courseware on tablets. You will discover how adding a performance support app to the overall learning structure enabled users to immerse themselves in the content in ways that create a higher degree of learning and immediate feedback. You will explore the challenges associated with navigating different browsers on various mobile devices and desktop operating systems while keeping courseware up-to-date and interactive, in addition to the steps required to make courses accessible for learners with disabilities.
In this session, you will learn:
- How tablets and other mobile devices can offer a more interactive and engaging learning experience
- Programming solutions for creating engaging and effective interactions when not using Flash or HTML5
- Strategies to make eLearning accessible to people with disabilities when programming using custom solutions
- Ways performance support apps can take learning far beyond the classroom
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island