- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Why You Need a PLN, and How to Build One
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 20, 2014
CEO | Learning Architect
The Learning Guild
People are not learning exclusively from conventional sources like courses and classrooms anymore. In truth, we never did, but there’s a growing awareness of the small percentage of learning that comes from formal means as compared to informal means. More and more, people are realizing they are networked learners, with a large percentage of their learning coming via a dedicated group of chosen and trusted resources. This network of resources is commonly referred to as a personal learning network (or PLN), and it is one of the most powerful learning tools in a networked world. But how does one form a PLN, and what are the implications of PLNs to workplace learning?
In this session, you will learn about PLNs, including what they are, where they exist, and how to build one. You will also explore how an organization can leverage PLNs across their enterprise. You will leave this session with an understanding of the value of personal learning networks, as well as with the steps and tips needed to build a strong PLN.
In this session, you will learn:
- The value of personal learning networks
- The many ways individuals can build and strengthen a personal learning network
- How to use social media to strategically target, connect, and engage with individuals and resources that can enhance professional development
- How personal learning networks can be leveraged and scaled across a workforce
Novice-to-advanced instructional designers, managers, and directors.
Technology discussed in this session:
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA