- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Today’s Visual Design Trends: What Non-designers Need To Know
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 21, 2014
Customer Engagement Manager
It seems like there’s always a new visual design buzzword going around. These trends don’t just touch graphic design; they’re also key to creating innovative learning design as well. But how can people who don’t see themselves as graphics people keep on top of what these trends are and how they influence the work they do?
This session aims to make the concepts of visual design more accessible to learning professionals. It will sift through the wide world of graphic design, identify the trends that matter most to learning, and then simplify the concepts so that non-designers can discover what they are, why they matter to training, and how to begin using them. Participants will leave the session understanding the basics of topics including the debate about flat vs. skeuomorphic design, communicating information through infographics, and the appeal of amateur-style video for training.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why it’s critical for learning professionals to keep on top of current visual design trends
- What flat and skeuomorphic designs are, and why you may want to use one versus the other
- How infographics can be used to communicate data in a compelling way
- What the appeal of amateur-style video is, and when it’s a compelling tool to use in learning
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and managers. Participants will only need a basic understanding of designing learning to be able to benefit from this session.
Technology discussed in this session:
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island