- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Turning the Ship: Steering Organizational Culture Toward Performer Support
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 20, 2014
Saint Vincent Hospital
Saint Vincent Hospital (SVH) used both classroom and eLearning programs over the last 10 years, but both systems had problems with information overload, retention, and poor transfer of learning to the job. Moving toward a performance support culture has provided SVH with a method of giving associates the information they need, when they need it, where they need it, but getting there is a challenge. How does a company deal with such a big culture change?
In this case-study session you will examine the role of performance support in the workplace and how Saint Vincent Hospital is applying it. You’ll get a description of the steps taken to acquire executive and management buy-in for performance support as the new organizational learning philosophy and how stakeholders were involved in the process of building the performance support solution. You’ll see a demonstration of one of its performance support solutions and how it works, and learn how the implementation of these solutions has alleviated long-standing performance problems.
In this session, you will learn:
- The cultural aspects of performance support
- Steps taken by SVH to implement a performance support philosophy for education
- Methods used by SVH to involve administration and stakeholders to assure success
- The lessons learned by the implementation team during the process
All levels of developers, instructional designers, managers, and directors. No previous knowledge or skill required.
Technology discussed in this session:
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Instructional Development
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA