- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Interactive Video: Creating the Best of All Training Worlds
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 20, 2014
ASPIRE Consulting Group
Video is the best available medium to capture passion and nuance, and therefore it can deliver vast amounts of information to its audience with phenomenal efficiency. The problem, however, is that video is a one-way media. Learners remain passive and cannot participate in the rich interactions present in the traditional classroom, which are proven to increase both conceptual learning and learning transfer.
Participants in this session will examine seven techniques that convert your standard training video into an immersive, integrative learning experience. These techniques include virtual audiences, immersive interactions, embedded learning links, subject-sensitive branching, and community integration. These techniques work together to create a powerful learning experience that can sustain audience interest and increase the chance that your employees will learn and transfer that learning into their daily tasks. You will also examine the data showing how interactive video provides greater retention and transfer than either text or standard video technologies.
In this session, you will learn:
- Seven techniques that can make traditional videos more effective through the use of interactions
- How you can retrofit these interactions into your existing videos
- How interactive video techniques produce the highest retention rates in both short and long formats
- How interactive video can produce the greatest transfer of learning
No prerequisites required; however, a background in video, teaching, education, or eLearning will be helpful.
Technology discussed in this session:
Various video tools.
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island