- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Gamification on a Shoestring Budget
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 19, 2014
The topic of gamification in learning has exploded in the last few years and the task of incorporating gaming into an organization’s learning solutions can seem overwhelming. The lack of understanding of what gamification and gaming is confuses the issue even more. Off-the-shelf or plug-and-play solutions from vendors offer gaming solutions with rudimentary gamification techniques. Organizations tend to discount the gamification techniques in learning because they associate these techniques with playing Jeopardy and not with learning.
Participants in this session will learn how instructional designers and learning professionals can develop a gamification culture in their organization. By experiencing the difference between gamification and gaming, you will learn how to incorporate gaming techniques into traditional eLearning designs. Without requiring a budget to develop elaborate graphics and interaction, you’ll focus on using existing rapid-development tools, such as Articulate Studio and Storyline, to develop engaging gamified learning solutions. You’ll also learn how to start your design thinking with gamification, including a technique for “up skilling” your instructional designers.
In this session, you will learn:
- The difference between gamification and gaming
- Basic techniques that make up gamification
- How to identify and create gamification elements in learning solutions
- How to develop simple solutions using your current tools
- How to “up skill” your team to develop simple gamified solutions
Novice designers, managers, and directors.
Technology discussed in this session:
Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio, and mobile.
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA