- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Professional Portfolio Primer: Build, Brand, and Empower Your Career
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 19, 2014
St. John's University
Having a professional portfolio can empower you to seek enhanced opportunities and brand you beyond social media platforms and traditional networking. However, though many professionals have strong technology and design skills, they need direction on how to use these abilities to build their own personal portfolios using both print and online media.
Participants in this session will learn about print and web portfolio design by examining process, discussing content approaches, and managing stylistic decisions. The learning session is magnified through examples and discussion. Coverage will include building print, web, and ePortfolios for all levels of learning professionals across job titles.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to conceptualize and operationalize all the work you have done throughout your career
- Simple strategies to use to generate and collect content
- How to build a professional career website
- Basic design principles for developing your professional web portfolio
- Portfolio interface style concepts
- How to better use type and images to develop a persuasive print and e-portfolio
- How to connect social media platforms with your web portfolio platform seamlessly
Participants should have basic technology skills using DIY software and MS Word, PowerPoint, or Adobe InDesign.
Technology discussed in this session:
Portfolio books, free web portfolio sites, MS Word, PowerPoint, PortfolioVillage, Adobe Acrobat, and InDesign
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library