- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Ten Lessons Learned: My First Year in eLearning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 19, 2014
Speaker, Author, Award-Winning Freelance eLearning Designer
As eLearning professionals, we’re expected to be many things and take on varying types of roles. Sometimes we’re the graphics designer, narrator, or videographer, and other times we act as the project manager or even the department’s tech guru. Either way, for any new eLearning professional this can be a daunting and sometimes scary prospect, leaving us insecure, overwhelmed, and unsure where to begin.
In this session, you will hear about 10 fundamental tips, philosophies, and strategies to help any new eLearning professional survive their first year in eLearning. Specifically, these tips will cover various topics related to visual design, content development, and project management. You will spend time learning about each tip in detail and see specific real-life examples of how they have been successfully applied.
In this session, you will learn:
- Ten tips to help you become a more confident and successful eLearning professional
- The importance of setting high expectations for your work
- The things no one else will tell you when you start your first eLearning job
- How to cultivate continued success and confidence after your first year in eLearning
Novice. This session will be of interest to any anyone who has just started working in the field of eLearning and is looking for guidance. Participants should have a basic understanding of the use of eLearning within their organization and the desire to increase their confidence in this field.
Technology discussed in this session:
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer - Contractor To Hire - New Jersey
- Instructional Designer -Accion
- eLearning Developer
Chevy Chase, MD
- Instructional Designer, GROW
Rockville, MD and Washington, DC (Split)
- Academia - Instructional Designer