- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
B.Y.O.L.: Adobe Illustrator—Tips and Tricks
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 19, 2014
Adobe Illustrator is an underutilized and often misunderstood tool in the Creative Suite work flow. There are many wonderful things that can be done in Illustrator, including rapid prototyping GUIs, creating charts and graphs, making call-outs, and developing drawing to import seamlessly into Flash and Photoshop, to name just a few.
This session is for advanced beginners who would like to utilize more of the vector tools in this robust application. Participants will go through the processes of drawing tools, importing edited photos, using flat color and gradient, and working between Illustrator, Photoshop, and Flash in a fluid work cycle.
In this session, you will learn:
- To use Illustrator to improve your workflow
- To create reusable callouts and graphics
- How to enhance Photoshop and Flash development with the drawing tools in Illustrator
- To create swatch libraries which can be shared between documents and team members
- How to “save for web” and use the appropriate file conventions
Novice and intermediate designers and developers who have a basic knowledge of the Illustrator application (or advanced knowledge of Photoshop) and would like to gain more understanding of the capabilities of the program when developing graphics for eLearning courses.
Technology discussed in this session:
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Flash.
Student technology needs:
A laptop loaded with Adobe Creative Suite 5 or later, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Flash.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island