- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Decision-based Learning and Conditional Testing
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2014 - March 19, 2014
VP Business Solutions
With smaller workforces the need to wear multiple hats, learners have less time than ever to devote to learning and assessment. As a consequence, many of our programs have sacrificed thorough content and solid assessment for expediency and simple check-offs, but this is not necessarily a choice you need to make. With highly focused decision-based learning, students will get all of the information they need for their role(s), and only the information they need. And with specifically targeted and conditionally presented questions, mastery of the learning objectives can be determined in a shorter testing period.
This session will discuss and illustrate techniques for minimizing seat time while maximizing learning and assessment. Participants will learn how to leverage their instructional design skills with the power and flexibility of online development and assessment tools. They will learn a technique for designing courses which acknowledges individualized learning needs and the time constraints placed on our learners while balancing that against subject matter requirements to create innovative, effective “win/win” eLearning programs.
In this session, you will learn:
- To identify and limit learner content by role
- To track learner interactions and decisions and tailor subsequent content based on that information
- To design assessments which account for varying subject matter content
- To design assessments which use a varying minimum number of questions in determining mastery
Intermediate and advanced designers and developers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer