- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Creating an Online Community of Practice Using LinkedIn
DevLearn 2013 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2013
WITS Tool Kits
Today’s global workplace enables performers to be in multiple countries. Often they are working in different conditions and without the benefit of peer interaction, particularly in capturing best practices or evolving processes.
Participants in this session will learn how to create an online community for people to exchange ideas, ask questions, share knowledge, and learn how to enable conditions for capturing best practices and processes. You will walk through the process of setting up an online community. This session focuses on creating an online community of practice, not a profile.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use the Internet as a professional networking tool
- How to create LinkedIn profiles and professionally connect to others
- The benefits and barriers of online networking
- How to create an online community of practice
Participants should have a basic understanding of social media and professional networking.
Technology discussed in this session:
Student technology needs:
Participants should have an electronic version of their resume on their laptop if they do not currently have a LinkedIn profile, so they can easily copy and paste to create a LinkedIn profile.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects