- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Shifting Development Practices From Courses to Continuous Learning
DevLearn 2013 Conference & Expo - October 23, 2013
Bersin by Deloitte
The complexity of what we do in learning organizations, and how we do it, continues to increase exponentially along with the pace of change and explosions in technology. Twenty years ago, taking 14 months to develop and launch a learning initiative was acceptable. Today, 14 days is a more likely expectation.
In this session, participants will discover a different perspective and learn about a variety of methods for shifting development practices from a course-or-event focus to continuous learning supported by a wide variety of learning inputs. You will discover how, in order to develop more narrowly and in smaller chunks, we need to think and plan more broadly, how launching and evolving smaller pieces requires larger structures, and how measurement needs to shift from outcomes and ROI to a perpetual process for entire functions. You’ll leave this session armed with a new perspective and practical models that will enable you to fulfill the business-partner value proposition for learning professionals.
In this session, you will learn:
- The value of aligning learning organization activity to business strategy, with examples
- Key principles of task-driven learning design
- An elaborative, woven-learning model for planning and delivering continuous learning
- How learning environments support continuous learning
- The metrics and methods for measuring continuous learning
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors with a background and experience in training development principles and processes such as ADDIE, Bloom, and Kirkpatrick.
Technology discussed in this session:
No specific applications demonstrated.
Student technology needs:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island