- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Five Things Game Designers Can Teach eLearning Designers
DevLearn 2013 Conference & Expo - October 23, 2013
Professor of Instructional Technology and Director of the Institute for Interactive Technologies
Game designers continually create engaging, dynamic experiences for players. What if eLearning developers could take some of those ideas and techniques and apply them to our own eLearning design and development?
Participants in this session will learn the five elements that game designers include in almost every game and that eLearning designers and developers can add to eLearning to make it more engaging and impactful. Based on the bestselling book The Gamification of Learning and Instruction, this session provides tips and techniques to make your eLearning an engaging, dynamic experience for your learners. You’ll learn how to create more engaging and interactive instruction based on the principles of game design without the cost or effort of creating an entire game.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to apply game-based strategies to the presentation of learning content
- Three principles for adding game-ideas to learning curriculums
- Four motivational aspects of games that improve learning recall and application
- Five ways games can impact learning design and development
- Lessons from popular games that can go into learning design
Intermediate. No prerequisite knowledge is required.
discussed in this session:
No specific technology discussion as the session is more about the design than the technology.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer