- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
ADL’s Mobile Training Implementation Framework (MoTIF) Project
mLearnCon 2013 - June 19, 2013
Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative
ADL’s recent research review uncovered the fact that very few actual ID models for mobile learning truly exist. Instead of creating a new ID model, they have presented a framework that can be used to incorporate mobile learning considerations into existing ID models and agile approaches to optimize them for the mobile learner. Ideally, instructional designers should now consider focusing on new opportunities for improving performance and augmenting skills, not just on knowledge transfer.
The flexible approach proposed by the framework takes both instruction and performance support into consideration for the mobile learning task or challenge at hand. This session will provide you with ADL’s mobile learning research findings and an overview of the MoTIF project. This session will specifically address the mLearning considerations during the analysis and design phases. Participants will also receive a list of mobile learning resources and discuss opportunities for getting involved with the community supporting this effort and evolving the framework.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the MoTIF project and its purpose
- Mobile learning analysis and design considerations
- About examples of existing microstrategies for mobile learning
- How to combine both training and performance support in your strategy
- How microstrategies can be generated from your learning objectives
- How microstrategies can also translate into developing Experience API
Designers, developers, project managers, and managers with knowledge of eLearning development and instructional design and at least some familiarity with web technologies.
Technology discussed in this session:
All platforms. You will see examples for the mLearning microstrategies mostly for iOS and Android. However, some of the microstrategies could be utilized for any platform.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island