- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Redefining the Document: Creating Content for a Mobile World
mLearnCon 2013 - June 19, 2013
Technology Lead, Creative Learning Solutions
Dare Mighty Things
The online world is no longer the homogeneous environment it used to be. Now we are not only using different platforms and devices, but we are using them from different places and in different contexts. The traditional approach to content creation based on WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) is becoming less relevant when the content will be consumed in desktop computers, laptops, smartphones, tablets, and even smart TVs.
Participants in this session will discover different techniques, best practices, and tools to create content targeted to multiple platforms. Complementing the traditional WYSIWYG approach, you will review a more integral WYSIWYM (what you see is what you mean) approach, emphasizing semantics and content organization. You will participate in the creating of a series of samples using these techniques.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to structure a learning document for cross-device compatibility
- How to create cross-platform content using existing authoring tools
- How to organize multimedia content based on semantics
- How to present a learning experience that adapts to the context
- How to incorporate new techniques to the ADDIE process
- How to adapt your current workflow
Decision makers, project managers, and instructional system designers; no authoring experience is required. Also designers and developers with authoring experience and a basic knowledge of ISD and HTML/CSS. HTML/CSS/coding knowledge is desirable but not required.
Technology discussed in this session:
Existing authoring tools (Articulate, Captivate, Storyline, etc.), existing content-creating tools (PowerPoint, PDF, etc), and CSS, HTML5, XML, PHP, and ASPX (no deep technical knowledge needed).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer - Contractor To Hire - New Jersey
- Instructional Designer -Accion
- eLearning Developer
Chevy Chase, MD
- Instructional Designer, GROW
Rockville, MD and Washington, DC (Split)
- Academia - Instructional Designer