- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Assessments Through the Learning Process, Mobile Style
mLearnCon 2013 - June 18, 2013
While mobile devices are everywhere, the potential of mobile assessment has not yet been realized. How can organizations use mobile assessments most effectively in identifying learning needs, managing talent, monitoring performance, and ensuring compliance? Are some assessments are more suitable for traditional delivery methods and some for mobile delivery? What should designers take into account when creating assessments for delivery to mobile devices? And what are the most suitable types of assessments to deliver via smartphones and tablets?
This presentation will explore the different types of assessments and explain their respective applications, with particular emphasis on how trainers and instructional designers can use mobile assessments such as surveys, quizzes, tests, and exams to enhance the learning process. It will describe how some organizations can use mobile assessments to enhance sales training, deliver observational assessments, and provide mobile testing centers whenever and wherever they are needed.
In this session, you will learn:
- To identify business drivers for learning and assessment
- To distinguish among different assessment types and their uses before, during, and after learning
- To understand the impact of assessments and feedback on learning and retention
- To identify the most appropriate uses of mobile assessments
- To design assessments that work well on mobile devices
Novice and intermediate learning professionals; an acquaintance with the use of online surveys, quizzes, and tests would be useful for members of this audience. No technical knowledge is required.
Technology discussed in this session:
Questionmark OnDemand, Apple iPad, Android, and Google Nexus 7.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects