- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Course Certification Made Easy
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 15, 2013
Tess Beebe Olten
Interim eLearning Director/Instructional Design and Media Specialist
Alabama A&M University
In traditional brick-and-mortar higher education institutions, online learning presents a conundrum. Typically, strapped budgets cannot afford dedicated course designers and must rely on faculty course developers to create academic eCurriculum. Consistency and quality of eInstruction is a very challenging issue for colleges and universities developing their own curriculum.
Session participants will learn a course certification system that operates smoothly and efficiently with minimal human and digital resources. The course development uses a system of self- and peer-assessment that streamlines the process while enhancing course quality and supporting online collaboration between educational professionals. You’ll see a logistical operational plan demonstrated that will enable participants from educational settings to develop, certify, and bring to registration-readiness potentially dozens of courses concurrently throughout an academic year. The plan makes maximum benefit of free and low-cost web resources, as well as providing an excellent participatory model for faculty to use in their own courses for assessment strategies.
In this session, you will learn:
- The basics of setting up a self- and peer-assessment system for course certifications
- The value of free and low-cost web tools (cost, flexibility, interoperability, etc.)
- Where to find resources to support your new eLearning program
- How to engage technophobic and resistant faculty course developers in your process
Novice-to-advanced professionals with a basic understanding of web technologies and their value in education.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Contract eLearning Instructional Designer
- Digital Learning Specialist
Remote (+/- 3 hours from CET)
- Digital Learning Designer
- Learning Specialist
Richmond, BC, Canada
- Candid Learning Curriculum Development and Train the Trainer